« Home | There's Always Things To Do In Kennebunkport » | Kennebunkport's 2nd Annual Nott House Reception Wa... » | Things to do in Kennebunkport » | Coming to Kennebunkport? Bring Your Brownie » | What Do You Say in Kennebunkport? Tonight...Say Ch... » | Where to Get the Best Hot Dog in Kennebunkport? » | Kennebunkport Maine ~ Home of the World's Best Lob... » | Destinations of the Rich and Famous ~ Kennebunkport » | Kennebunkport's Arts in the Inns Adds Exciting Events » | Cheese Tasting in Kennebunkport » 

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 

Federal Jack's ~ A Kennebunkport Restaurant Review

I have been reviewing restaurants in and around Kennebunkport for about a year now. I am at a loss to figure out why, until now, I haven't reviewed Federal Jack's.

The casual atmosphere at Federal Jack's is inviting and, although it is a brew pub, it is suitable for families as well as couples looking for a nice dining experience.

Federal Jack's menu is diverse (again, great for families) from your typical "pub" food, to some very impressive entrees like their Potato Encrusted Haddock or their Lobster Ravioli.

While I have tried and loved their Thai Shrimp, typically I go for the pub fare. Their burgers are awesome and when I'm in the burger mood, I always gravitate toward the Cheddar Bacon Burger (No description necessary as it's all in the name).

A more frequent choice for me is the Reuben. Not every place makes a good Reuben but, at Federal Jack's they are great. It's piled high with lean corned beef (don't even think about trying to slip in pastrami on me) on toasted rye bread. Just the right amount of sauerkraut, swiss cheese and thousand island dressing. I'm getting hungry!

I'm sorry, I jumped ahead, let's go back to the beginning. Their beer is unbelievable. They have some wonderful selections and, of course beer is never better than when it is fresh and it doesn't get any fresher than at Federal Jack's. Here's a tip, get the beer sampler. That way you can get a taste of a full range of their brews.

For starters, their Classic New England Clam Chowder is really great but, someone really should get the Award Winning, Texas Two-Pint Chili. If it were me, I'd get the chili and take a taste of the chowder from Janice. Of course, I would give her a taste of my chili (dessert is the only course I don't share).

Okay, now it's onto the Reuben., go back and re-read if you need to.

And finally, for dessert, don't read the menu, I already know what you want. Once again it's Award Winning. The Chocolate Vanilla Float is extraordinary. Made with Federal Jack's homemade chocolate soda, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and a cherry on top. Once you taste it, you will understand why it took first place in the Chocolate Lover's Fling and Auction in Portland, Maine.

When you are in Kennebukport, don't miss Federal Jack's, it is one of The Maine Stay Inn's top picks. It's fun and it has excellent food. And, if there is a ball game on, you won't miss anything, there are flat panel TV's all over the place.

Labels:

  • Yank
  • Kennebunkport, Maine




  • Sign up for our e-Newsletter

Blog Profile

Support Our Sponsors



blog advertising is good for you

Subscribe to ~ The Insider's Guide to Kennebunkport

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Search the Web:

Need more targeted traffic?
Join TrafficSwarm for FREE!
ButtonGenerator.com