« Home | Take a Scenic Lobster Cruise from Kennebunkport » | The Beaches of Kennebunkport - Mother's Beach » | Weddings in Kennebunkport » | Can You Hear the Drummer? » | Kennebunkport's Own Summer Theatre... » | Kennebunkport Restaurant Review - Mabel's Lobster ... » | The Canvas Can Do Miracles... » | Welcome to Kennebunkport?? » | ...A Sailor's Delight » | A Kennebunkport Smorgasbord » 

Saturday, August 12, 2006 

Hurricane Restaurant - A Kennebunkport Restaurant Review


After a relaxing and informative cruise on Kylie's Chance (see my August 10, article), Janice, Dan and I wanted a quiet spot for an enjoyable lunch.

It was high tide and what better spot than Hurricane Restaurant. Sitting directly on the Kennebunk River with scenic views from every seat, the Hurricane's ambiance encourages relaxation. What could be better? Wait a minute, this is a restaurant, what about the food?

Hurricane has a diverse menu which is posted online. This allows them to change it to take advantage of seasonal or occasional opportunities with their offerings.

Janice chose the Monte Cristo Sandwich. That is one of my favorites too. Hurricane's version includes shaved ham, turkey, bacon and swiss cheese stuffed between batter grilled sour dough bread. It comes with your choice of regular or sweet potato fries and some warm maple syrup for dipping your sandwich. Of course, being a semi-professional food critic, I was obligated to try the Monte Cristo. It was delicious. I elected to forgo the maple syrup and the sandwich stood very well on its own.

Dan and I both had the same sandwich. The California Turkey Panini. With a grilled turkey breast, swiss cheese, apple smoked bacon and guacamole spread, this sandwich had a terrific combination of flavors that blended together very well. I highly recommend this sandwich.

We all got the regular fries which were excellent. I would like to have tried the sweet potato fries, but I didn't order them because I wasn't willing to risk having no fries if I didn't like them. (remember, I said I am a semi-professional food critic) The regular fries were excellent, the shoestring type and just crispy enough. As it turns out, the sandwich was enough to fill me up, I didn't even need the fries.

In short, the Hurricane Restaurant gets very high marks for location, for ambiance, for service and most importantly, for its food.

At the Maine Stay Inn, we are always happy to make reservations for you.

Labels:

  • Yank
  • Kennebunkport, Maine




  • Sign up for our e-Newsletter

Blog Profile

Support Our Sponsors



blog advertising is good for you

Subscribe to ~ The Insider's Guide to Kennebunkport

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Search the Web:

Need more targeted traffic?
Join TrafficSwarm for FREE!
ButtonGenerator.com