« Home | Patriot's Day ~ Celebrate in Kennebunkport » | The Maine Diner ~ Restaurants Near Kennebunkport » | Happy Easter From Kennebunkport » | The White Barn ~ A Kennebunkport Restaurant Review » | Kennebunk Coffeehouse ~ Now That's Entertainment » | Innkeeping 105 ~ How Much Should You Pay For Your ... » | An English Fudge Tour in Kennebunkport...Sweet! » | Maine Maple Sugar ~ mmm Good! » | An Inspirational Event Coming To The Brick Store M... » | Last Chance for Maine's Cross Country Skiing » 

Thursday, April 12, 2007 

The Steakhouse ~ Restaurants Near Kennebunkport

Now that I have expanded my horizons and begun to review restaurants outside of Kennebunkport, I have lots of culinary experiences ahead (and I love to eat).

The Steakhouse just reopened 2 weeks ago. Can you guess how many times Janice and I have eaten there since it reopened? I'll give you a hint...it's not once, it's not twice.

The Steakhouse is a great restaurant and when they reopen for the season it becomes the talk of the area.

Of course the thing to order when one visits any steakhouse is steak. Janice always gets the Petite Filet. I have had the filet on several ocassions but, I certainly would never order the "Petite" anything. Their filet mignon is awesome.

Back to the beginning, they serve every table a basket of crusty rolls. They are excellent! Next, the salad. The salads are generous and fresh. I can't say I have tried anything but one flavor of dressing, for me it's blue cheese and, make it extra blue cheese please. So far everything is excellent.

Now for the entree. I have tried a variety. You already know about the filet, I have also had their Lobster Scampi, the Chicken Parmesan and lately, I have moved onto the Teriyaki Sirloin Tips. Each and every one of these has been exceptional.

Now let's move on to dessert. Only one choice...for me it's Strawberry Shortcake. Don't look at the dessert menu, just get the Strawberry Shortcake. It's a great finish to a great meal.

Now, onto the bad news...if you go to The Steakhouse on a weekend night or, you go on any night in the summer or fall, you better get their at opening time (4:00 pm in the summer) or, you will wait and wait and wait. No reservations are accepted and you'll be burning up some of your vacation time wondering if they skipped over your name.

You've been warned.

Come to the front desk at The Maine Stay, we have maps that will get you there.

Labels:

  • Yank
  • Kennebunkport, Maine




  • Sign up for our e-Newsletter

Blog Profile

Support Our Sponsors



blog advertising is good for you

Subscribe to ~ The Insider's Guide to Kennebunkport

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Search the Web:

Need more targeted traffic?
Join TrafficSwarm for FREE!
ButtonGenerator.com