Mothers' Day at the Kennebunkport Maine Stay Inn
In celebration of Mothers' Day, weekend guests at the Kennebunkport Maine Stay Inn will receive a Maine Stay Inn cookbook as our special gift.
At the suggestion of many of our guests, Janice recently decided to compile a collection of her most popular breakfast and teatime recipes. The cookbook has been selling off the shelves, as a matter of fact, she had to set aside enough for our Mothers' Day giveaway.
She will be sending for a second printing next week.
This is one of our popular breakfast recipes:
Almond Crusted French Toast (pictured above)Ingredients:
2 cups sliced almonds
2 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
1 1/2 cups coconut
1/2 cup milk
1 loaf twelve grain bread
Pure maple syrup (Maine maple syrup is best)
1. Crush cornflakes.
2. Place almonds, cereal and coconut in large flat container and mix together.
3. Beat eggs with milk in medium bowl.
4. Dip bread slices into the egg and milk mixture, then coat both sides with the crunchy mixture.
5. Place on lightly greased, preheated griddle and cook at 400 degrees several minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown.
6. Just before serving, cut each piece diagonally.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with warm Maine maple syrup.
It's an easy, fancy looking and easy recipe.
If anyone is interested, the recipe books are $7.50, plus tax and postage. Call us at (800) 950-2117 or better still, come stay with us and pick one up..
We hope to see you at the inn.
Labels: Things to do in Kennebunkport